Current IMS graduate faculty members are expected to apply for reappointment every 3-5 years, depending on your appointment level. You can expect to be invited to apply for renewal the year prior to your end of your term.
The required documents are outlined below:
- Letter stating the following:
- Your reason(s) for requesting an IMS graduate reappointment (e.g. to directly supervise MSc or PhD students, participate in Program Advisory Committees, etc)
- Your graduate supervisory/teaching experience (if you hold a graduate faculty membership in another graduate unit)
- An updated curriculum vitae (CIHR format preferred, full or academic style) including:
- Academic appointment(s) at U of T
- List of publications
- Grants and/or funding held and applied for, indicating start and end dates
- Description of lab space; if the lab is not located on the St. George campus, also include a description of resources/personnel that would contribute to the quality of the students’ graduate experience
- Summary of experience relevant to graduate supervision including classroom teaching, advisory committee membership, and laboratory training of students (graduate, undergraduate, postdoctoral fellows, residents, etc.)
- Other supporting information (e.g. letter of support from the hospital research institute director for funding strategies) (Optional).
All the above information should be sent via email to the Institute of Medical Science. You will receive confirmation when your application is complete.
Completed dossiers will be reviewed and nominated by the IMS Graduate Faculty Membership Committee for final approval by the School of Graduate Studies. Upon occasion, additional information may be solicited. You will be notified of the decision in writing.
Letters should be addressed to:
Dr. Karen Gordon
Chair, Graduate Faculty Membership Committee
Institute of Medical Science
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
1 King’s College Circle, Room 2374
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8