International Supervision, Funding & Awards
Supervision & Funding
International applications must have written confirmation from:
- An IMS graduate supervisor guaranteeing their willingness to supervise and fund you
- A guaranteed source of funding from:
- A recognized international funding agency
- A government scholarship from their home country
- The prospective supervisor
All the above requisites must be obtained before the application can be considered.
The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing international students in the MSc program is $22,599.60 living allowance + tuition fees (including UHIP premium).
The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing international students in the PhD program is $25,111.21 living allowance + tuition fees (including UHIP premium).
If you hold an external award, you may be eligible for a top-up of your stipend. For more information, see Fees & Funding.
|Tuition*||Living allowance||UHIP||Total Stipend|
*2021-2022 tuition fees.
International Student Awards
- China Scholarship Council
- Connaught International Scholarship
- Latin American Scholarship Programs (CALDO)
- Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
- SGS Fellowships and Bursaries for Black and/or Indigenous Students
- Scholars-at-Risk Fellowship
- Mitacs (Various Awards)
- Call for U of T - Melbourne International Research Training Group (IRTG) Grant Applications (Aug. 16, 2021)