Fall session 2018:
- July 16 – Registration for Fall session begins
- August 6 – Civic Holiday (University closed)
- August 24 – Recommended tuition fee payment deadline for students registering or starting their program in the Fall session to ensure payment is received by the registration deadline of September 14, and to avoid cancellation of registration and course enrolment. International students must make a payment by this date to ensure they are covered by UHIP at the beginning of September.
- September 3 – Labour Day (University closed)
- September 10 – Most formal graduate courses and seminars begin
- September 12 – Summer session grades available for viewing by students on ACORN
- September 14 – Registration deadline for students registering or starting their program in the Fall (September to December) session; after this date a late registration fee will be assessed. Minimum required payment due (unpaid fees from previous session(s) + 100% of current Fall tuition fee charges).
- September 17 – Final date to submit final doctoral theses to SGS to avoid fee charges for 2018-19
- September 24 – Final date to add full-year and Fall session courses
- September 28 – Final date to submit final doctoral theses for Fall Convocation
- September 28 – Final date for receipt of degree recommendations and submission of any required theses for master’s degrees for Fall Convocation without fees being charged for the Fall session
- September 30 – Payment deadline to avoid service charges on unpaid Fall session (September to December) tuition and non-tuition fee amounts for all students registered in the Fall session only, except for those who have successfully registered without payment because they are receiving a full funding package via a research stipend, a major award or scholarship, teaching assistantships, tuition waiver, and/or sponsorships. Monthly service charges will incur starting October 15.
For the full list of the 2018-2019 SGS sessional dates please see here.