Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:00 am - Tuesday, April 3, 2018 11:59 pm
ATTENTION: International Graduate Students Currently Registered in Year 1
The 2018 Faculty of Medicine Graduate Scholarship Endowment Fund (GSEF) Merit Scholarships for International Students is now open for application.
The GSEF offers merit-based scholarships valued at $5,000 each to international master’s students who have demonstrated the highest degree of academic excellence. Up to 20 scholarships will be funded by the Office of Graduate and Life Sciences Education. Each GSEF will be approved by the Awards Committee chaired by the Vice Dean, Graduate and Academic Affairs, and will be included as part of the student’s total stipend funding package. The GSEF is designed to retain international students by alleviating the cost to the department.
- Nominees must be nominated by their graduate unit.
- Nominees must be currently registered in year 1 of a full-time graduate program in the Faculty of Medicine. At time of tenure of award (i.e., 2018-2019), award holder will be registered in their second year of master’s studies (doctoral-stream MSc, course-based MSc, or professional masters).
- Nominees must be classified as international (VISA) student and will be paying international tuition rates. Students with international exempt status (e.g., paying domestic tuition rates) are ineligible.
- Students who are funded by third parties/countries are ineligible for the GSEF.
- For students in the funded cohort, the GSEF will be applied towards their stipend in his/her second year of master’s training and paid directly to the students’ tuition student account.
Please submit the following documents as a single PDF, assembled in the listed order, to Kaki Narh Blackwood (email@example.com) by Tuesday, April 3, 2018:
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 4 pages)
- Research proposal (maximum of 2 pages)
- Two reference letters
- All post-secondary transcripts, including your current transcripts at the U of T (unofficial transcripts are acceptable). **PLEASE INCLUDE LEGENDS FOR EACH TRANSCRIPTS**