Friday, December 1, 2017 04:30 pm - Friday, December 1, 2017 04:30 pm
See application details below.
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is a professional honorary society of 100,000 key women educators in 17 countries that promotes the professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. The World Fellowship Fund was established to provide opportunities for international women to pursue graduate studies in Canada and the United States.
|Student Deadline to SGS:||December 1, 2017 (no later than 4:30pm)|
|Value/Duration:||$4,000 USD for one year|
|Level of Study:||Master’s or Doctoral|
|Required Legal Status:||International (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada and the United States are ineligible)|
Eligibility to Apply
- Be a registered full-time Master’s or Doctoral student at the University of Toronto;
- Be a female student with a valid study permit (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada or the United States are ineligible);
- Have achieved a TOEFL score, or equivalent documentation, that at least meets the School of Graduate Studies’ English language proficiency minimum requirements, unless English is the applicant’s first language; and
- Not be completing their degree requirements in 2018. Award holders must be registered full-time in their program throughout the 2018-19 academic year in order to receive and retain the funds.
Each applicant must ensure that a complete application package is provided to the Graduate Awards Office (63 St. George Street, 2nd floor reception) in hardcopy by 4:30pm on Friday, December 1, 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Completed application form;
- Application must be completed in English
- A professional resume or complete curriculum vitae may be attached to the application form (500 word maximum, size 12 font)
- Original or certified copies of official transcripts from all previous post-secondary studies, including the University of Toronto transcript showing the applicant’s registration in the Fall 2017 session;
- Certification/validation may be performed by the graduate unit. If the graduate unit is not able to certify/validate a transcript, it is each applicant’s responsibility to obtain and provide within their application package an original official transcript that was issued by the appropriate institution
- Grading legends must be provided with every transcript. Copies of unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Transcripts should not be separately mailed or emailed to the Graduate Awards Office
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL score or equivalent). Applicants who have received a degree in the English language prior to commencing their U of T graduate program may instead obtain a letter from their U of T graduate unit confirming their English language proficiency; and
- Three (3) confidential letters of reference (using the DKG Letter of Reference form) in signed and sealed envelopes. Referees (particularly those overseas) may email their completed DKG Letter of Reference form as a PDF attachment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- The referees must be:
o Teachers under whom the applicant studied or pursued research, or
o Individuals who supervised the applicant in work related to their proposed field of study
- At least one referee should be an academic and at least one referee should have supervised the applicant in a professional or work‐related capacity.
To avoid loss or misplacement of documents in the mail or otherwise, all applicants are strongly advised to collect and assemble all of the required application materials, including reference letters and official transcripts, and deliver their complete hardcopy package to the Graduate Awards Office by the deadline.
All complete and eligible applications from the University of Toronto are reviewed by the Ontario World Fellowships Committee, which selects the top ten (10) applications in Ontario. SGS Graduate Awards Office will notify all applicants of the provincial competition results in February.
The top ten (10) Ontario applications are forwarded to the International World Fellowships Committee for final adjudication against the top applicants from all participating universities in Canada and the United States. Up to four (4) awardees are selected from participating Canadian universities. The final results are communicated to applicants in May.
Contacts & Resources
For more information including the Delta Kappa Gamma Qualifications & Application Checklist, visit the SGS website.
Please direct questions regarding this competition to:
Graduate Awards Office