Tuesday, April 3, 2018 04:00 pm - Tuesday, April 3, 2018 04:00 pm
See submission details below.
Applications for the 2018-19 Faculty of Medicine Queen Elizabeth II – Graduate Scholarships in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) are now available. The QEII-GSST program is designed to encourage excellence in graduate studies in science and technology. The program is supported through funds provided by the Province of Ontario and by funds raised by the University of Toronto from the private sector. The value of the award is up to $15,000 per year ($5,000 per session for 2 or 3 consecutive sessions).
Further details, competition guidelines, Cover Page, and full listing of awards are available here.
Faculty of Medicine QEII-GSST application procedure:
1. Applicants must submit an OGS application using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application.
Note: The same application is used for both the 2018-19 OGS and QEII-GSST.
2. After the OGS application is submitted online, applicants need to complete an online Faculty of Medicine QEII-GSST Cover Page by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
• QEII-GSSTs are open to Faculty of Medicine doctoral stream thesis-based (MSc and PhD) students who are Ontario Residents (Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants resident in Ontario) at the time of the award.
• The funding period is for the 2018-2019 academic year, generally September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019, or as determined by the Awards Committee.
• Each individual award has additional specific eligibility requirements.
• QEII-GSSTs are considered internal awards in the Faculty of Medicine.
• Students pursuing a professional or course-based Master’s program (e.g., MHSc) and Clinician/surgical scientist trainees are NOT eligible for the awards offered through this competition.
• Clinician and Surgical scientist-trainees may apply for QEII-GSSTs through their clinical/surgical units, if available.
• Any questions should be directed to the Awards & Data Officer, Debbie Chau at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Anticipated notification by SGS of the final results from this competition will start in July 2018.