Monday, December 5, 2016 11:59 pm - Monday, December 5, 2016 11:59 pm
See application details below.
The Northeastern Association of Graduate Schools (NAGS) annually recognizes one outstanding master’s thesis and one outstanding doctoral dissertation at one of its member institutions. Each institution may nominate one candidate per category.
|Deadline to IMS||December 5, 2016|
|Value/Duration:||$1,000 for one year|
|Level of Study:||Master’s or doctoral|
|Required Legal Status:||Domestic or international|
|Results:||Communicated by agency in March|
Eligibility to Apply
Master’s Thesis Award
- The 2017 award will recognize a thesis in the Agricultural, Biological & Health Sciences
- Nominees must have completed all master’s degree requirements between January 1, 2013 – January 15, 2017
- The recipient must be present at the annual meeting’s award luncheon on April 7, 2017 in New York City, New York, U.S.A.
Doctoral Dissertation Award
- The 2017 award will recognize a dissertation in the Arts & Humanities fields
- Nominees must have completed all doctoral degree requirements between January 1, 2011 – January 15, 2017
- The recipient must be present at the annual meeting’s award luncheon on April 7, 2016 in New York City, New York, U.S.A.
Applicants must submit the following documents** to their graduate unit by the unit’s internal deadline. #1,2 & 4 must be sent as a PDF.
- Copy of the thesis manuscript or doctoral dissertation
- 300 word abstract in non-technical (lay) language
- Three letters of evaluation. Note: Letters for a doctoral submission must explain the original contribution to the field made by the dissertation
- Doctoral submissions must also include a copy of the applicant’s resume or C.V.
** NAGS requires that all documentation be submitted in English.
SGS will notify all nominees of the results of the University competition in January.
Decisions regarding the national competition will be announced by NAGS in March.
Contacts & Resources
For more information, please contact:
Student, Faculty Affairs and Awards Officer
Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto
1 King’s College Circle, Room 2366, Toronto, Ont. M5S 1A8 | Tel: (416) 946-7143
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ims.utoronto.ca