Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:59 pm - Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:59 pm
See application details below.
The 2017 Faculty of Medicine Graduate Scholarship Endowment Fund (GSEF) Merit Scholarships for International Students is now open for nomination.
ATTENTION: International Graduate Students currently registered in Year 1
The GSEF offers merit-based scholarships valued at $5,000 each to international graduate students who have demonstrated the highest degree of academic excellence. Up to 20 scholarships will be funded by the Office of Graduate and Life Sciences Education. Each GSEF will be approved by the Awards Committee chaired by the Vice Dean, Graduate and Academic Affairs, and will be included as part of the student’s total stipend funding package. The GSEF is designed to retain international students by alleviating the cost to the department.
- Nominees must be nominated by their graduate unit.
- Nominees must be currently registered in year 1 of a full-time graduate program in the Faculty of Medicine (Masters, PhD, or Professional Masters). At time of tenure of the award (i.e., 2017-2018), the award holder will be registered in their second year of graduate studies.
- Nominees must be classified as international (VISA) student and will be paying international tuition rates. Students with international exempt status (e.g., paying domestic tuition rates) are ineligible.
- Students who are funded by third parties/countries are ineligible for the GSEF.
- For students in the funded cohort, the GSEF will be applied towards their stipend in his/her second year of training and paid directly to the students’ tuition fee account.
Please submit the following documents to Kaki Narh Blackwood (firstname.lastname@example.org), MSB2374 by Thursday, April 6, 2017. The Department will forward the top ranked nominations to GLSE.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 4 pages)
- Research proposal (maximum of 2 pages)
- Two reference letters
- All post-secondary transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
If you are sending an email with attachments, please save them separately.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Kaki Narh Blackwood
Student, Faculty Affairs and Awards Officer | Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto
1 King’s College Circle, Room 2366, Toronto, Ont. M5S 1A8 | Tel: (416) 946-7143
e-mail: email@example.com | www.ims.utoronto.ca