Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:59 pm - Thursday, April 6, 2017 11:59 pm
See application details below.
Through the generous support of numerous donors, a number of endowed awards have been established at the Faculty of Medicine. This year, approximately 24 awards with individual eligibility criteria and values are offered within the GLSE OSOTF and Other Endowed Awards Competition.
|Student Deadline to Graduate Unit:||April 6, 2017|
|Level of Study:||Master’s or doctoral (depending on awards’ criteria)|
|Required Legal Status:||Domestic or international (depending on awards’ criteria)|
|GLSE Results:||July-August 2017|
Eligibility to Apply
- Awards are open to U of T graduate students (primarily thesis-based MSc and PhD in the Faculty of Medicine).
- Awards categorized as “OSOTF” are only open to eligible applicants who:
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada or Protected Person;
- Resident of Ontario; and
- Demonstrates financial need.
- Note: Requirements to be considered a resident of Ontario follow the guidelines established by OSAP to determine Ontario residency for OSAP and OSOTF awards.
- Awards categorized as “Other Endowed Awards” do not have the Canadian citizenship requirement.
- Each individual award has additional specific eligibility requirements.
- The funding period is for the 2017-2018 academic year, generally September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018.
- OSOTF and/or other endowed funding may be provided on top of the external and/or internal awards, up to the amount of the total funding commitment offered by the student’s Graduate Unit.
Applications will be by electronic submission using the GLSE online application system. Application, competition guidelines, and awards list (with a detailed description of the awards) is posted on the online application system. Please pay particular attention to the individual criteria for each of these awards.
Contacts & Resources
For questions regarding these awards or the online application system, please contact:
Debbie Chau, Awards & Data Officer
GLSE, Faculty of Medicine